Support Us Overview
Many donors prefer to make special designated gifts to St. Thomas Catholic School for use outside the annual operating budget that provides enhancements to the academic program. For example, gifts may be made to the school's financial aid, academic and athletic programs, the arts and cultural enrichment, faculty professional development, technology and physical plant enhancements. Donors may also wish to make a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one.
Annual Appeal: In the fall of every year, our school reaches out to the current school parents, grandparents, special friends and alumni to seek their financial support. There is a worthy list of budget and investment items that will be supported by this appeal, including:
- Tuition assistance for families who desire a Catholic education but for whom the cost of the full tuition is a financial hardship;
- Classroom and instructional upgrades, such as replacing older textbooks and purchasing new desks and chairs;
- Technology upgrades, such as upgrading hardware and software;
- Library materials;
- Professional development for teachers; and
- Establishing a “rainy day” fund to deal with periodic unforeseen expenses
Gifts of Cash
Cash gifts (checks) are always welcome and allow us to further strengthen programs for the benefit of all students.
Gifts of Stock
It is often more tax-wise to contribute stock rather than cash. Gifts of appreciated stock help you avoid paying capital gains tax on the stock's increased value. Additionally, you receive an income-tax deduction for the stock's full, fair-market value on the date you made the gift. (The stock must have been held more than one year.)
Many companies match contributions that their employees make to non-profit institutions. Most matches are on a 1:1 basis, but some companies match 2:1 or 3:1. Upon making your own gift, you may request your company to match it. Matching gift forms are usually available in your company's human resources office.
For further information or if you have any questions about giving please call the school office at 203-255-0556.